The principle seats are, New Park, the residence of the Rev. Sir John Newport, Bart.; Belmont House, of Sir H. Winston Barron, Bart.; Killaspy; Rockshire; and Sion Lodge. The parish is in the diocese of Ossory; the rectory is impropriate in the corporation of Waterford, and the vicarage has been united from time immemorial to the rectory of Muckalee. The tithe rent-charge is £82.10. of which £48.15. are payable to the impropriators, and the remainder to the vicar. The church was built in 1823, by aid of a loan £900 from the late Board of First Fruits, and has been repaired by a grant of £300 from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. There is neither glebe nor glebe-house.
In Roman Catholic divisions the parish forms part of the district of Slieruagh, and contains a chapel. In 1151, Dermot MacMurrough, King of Leinster, founded as a nunnery here a cell to that of St. Mary de Hogges, near Dublin, and it was afterwards richly endowed by King John and David Fitz-Milo: it was sometimes called the Nunnery De Bello Portu, and at the Dissolution was granted to the corporation of Waterford.