The principal seats are D'Laughtane House, Monatrea, Mayfield, Woodbine Hill, Springfield, Bayview, Rock Lodge, Harbour View, and Ring. The parish is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, united to that of Lisgenan, and in the gift of the Duke of Devonshire, in whom the rectory is impropriate: the tithe rent-charge of Kinsalebeg is £607.11., two-thirds payable to the impropriator and one-third to the vicar; and the tithe of the entire vicarial benefice is £352.10. The glebe of the union comprises of 12 acres.
The church is a neat structure, erected by a gift of £600 from the Board of First Fruits, in 1821. In the Roman Catholic divisions the parish forms part of the district of Clashmore, and has a chapel at Piltown. Near D'Laughtane House was formerly a castle, called Ballyheny: Piltown was the residence of Judge Walsh, the supposed author of the commission to the insurgents in the reign of Charles 1. There is a large rath in the parish.