Organisation : Waterford County Museum
Article Title : Lewis's Topographical Dictionary - Waterford County
Page Title : Kilbride
Page Number : 31
Publication Date : 15 March 2011
Expiry Date : Never Expires
Category : Home
URL : http://www.waterfordmuseum.ie/exhibit/web?task=Display&art_id=332&pagenum=31&lang=en

Kilbride, a parish, in the barony of Middlethird, union and county of Waterford, and province of Munster, 4½ miles (S. by W.) from Waterford, and on the bay of Tramore; containing 582 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1801 statute acres. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Waterford, entirely appropriate to the economy estate of the cathedral, and forms, with the rectory of Island-Ikane, the impropriate cure of Kilbride, which is in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Waterford; the tithe rent-charge is £56.3., and there is a glebe of three acres. In the Roman Catholic Divisions the parish forms as part of the district of Dunhill. Here are the ruins of the old castle of Cullen. 

 


© Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use