Kilwatermoy, a parish, in the union of Lismore, barony of Coshbride, county of Waterford, and province of Munster, 2 miles (S.E.) from Tallow, and on the river Blackwater; containing 2400 inhabitants. The parish comprises 6557 statute acres; the surface is in general mountainous. The principle seats are Moor Hill, Sapperton, and Headborough; these are handsome seats surrounded by plantations and ornamented with the river Bride, over which is a wooden bridge. Here is also Janeville.
The parish is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Tallow; the rectory is impropriate in the Duke of Devonshire; and the tithe rent-charge is £199.8., two-thirds payable to the impropriator and one-third to the vicar. A handsome church was erected about 1831, by a gift of £900 from the Board of First Fruits. In the Roman Catholic divisions the parish is part of the district of Knockamore, and contains a chapel. Near the site of the old church is a natural cavern.