|Organisation :||Waterford County Museum|
|Article Title :||Lewis's Topographical Dictionary - Waterford County|
|Page Title :||Villierstown|
|Page Number :||78|
|Publication Date :||15 March 2011|
|Expiry Date :||Never Expires|
Villierstown, a chapelry, in the parish of Aglish, union of Dungarvan, barony of Decies-within-Drum, county of Waterford, and province of Munster, 7 miles (W.) from Dungarvan, and on the road from Clashmore to Cappoquin; containing 328 inhabitants.
This is a remarkably neat village, beautifully situated near the river Blackwater, and close to the demesne of Dromana; comprising 52 houses. It is a constabulary police station; petty-sessions are held once a fortnight; and fairs on June 5th and Sept 4th.
The chapelry is a donative in the gift of Lord Stuart de Decies, originally endowed by John, Earl of Grandison. The church, erected in 1760, is a small building; within a short distance is the residence of the chaplin, whose stipend is £54, and he has also 25 acres of land.