St. Mary's Church of Ireland
The present church was rebuilt to a design by James Pain, about 1828, incorporating part of an earlier church of C. 1700.
Dungarvan Town Park
Captain William Gibbons of Church Street died on 14 December 1894 age 67. In his will he left a bequest of £1,750 to the townspeople for the creation of a park, improvements at the lookout and for a park at Ringnasilloge.
The Coat of Arms
In 1855 Dungarvan adopted the Towns Improvement Act and in 1863 the Town Commissioners obtained the Dungarvan Harbour, Markets and Improvements Acts.
The Old Dungarvan Town Hall
The old Town Hall is presently home to Waterford County Museum. From the time of its construction in the early 19th century it has been a grain store, town hall, theatre, dance hall, library and museum.
This is one of Dungarvan 's most historic buildings. Its distinctive black & white facade terminates the view at the end of Main Street. The building was originally designed as a Market House, (an open arcade on the ground floor) with the Corporation Chambers overhead.
Desperate Haven - The Famine in Dungarvan
The most comprehensive history of the Poor Law, Famine and its aftermath in the Dungarvan Union (An area covering all of West Co. Waterford). The full 415 page book is now free online.
Street Names of Dungarvan And Abbeyside
Here you will find listed the street names of Dungarvan and Abbeyside in alphabetical order, the modern name is to the left. As can be seen many of the names have changed over the years.
The first creamery using a mechanical separator in Ireland was set up in 1886. Ireland's earliest creameries were all privately-owned. The first co-operative creamery, owned and run by the farmers which supplied it, was established in Drumcolliher in County Limerick in 1889.